OACny is seeking a volunteer Project Coordinator work closely with our partner organization City Harvest to explore the development of community gardens as a means of providing access to affordable and healthy food in the Washington Heights and Inwood neighborhoods. City Harvest's mission is to end hunger in underserved communities throughout New York City.
OACny is seeking volunteers to help build furniture and paint the break room at Red Rabbit’s Headquarters in East Harlem. Red Rabbit is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to provide NYC children with nutritious meals at school. OACny is working with Red Rabbit to re-design the organization's break room and we currently need help with implementing our design.
We need volunteers on Saturday, October 21, and Sunday, October 22. Each day will be broken down into two shifts:
The task breakdown will likely be as follows:
1. Painting – 6 volunteers
a. Drop cloth setup
b. Tape off for accent colors
2. Plywood Finishing – 3 Volunteers
3. Pallet Busting & Finishing – 7 Volunteers
a. Disassemble wood pallets & remove nails
1. Painting – 2nd accent color
For those interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have work gloves, please bring a pair.
Open Architecture / New York is seeking a Communications Coordinator for our Day of Impact 2017. The Communications Coordinator will help the Director of Communications with communication efforts leading up to as well as on the day of Day of Impact.
Open Architecture / New York is seeking Site Coordinators for our Day of Impact 2017. Site Coordinators will be in charge of organizing volunteers at their assigned Day of Impact site.
For our 4th annual Day of Impact, we're doing things a little differently. We want our site coordinators to be integrated into our event team and our city-wide day of service. In addition to leading your group of 10-20 volunteers on the day of the event, the site coordinators will take on additional tasks leading up to the event.
OACny is seeking a volunteer Project Coordinator to lead a design team and to work closely with our partner organization Urban Pathways. Urban Pathways is a not-for-profit organization that provides services and housing support to homeless New Yorkers. We will be collaborating with Urban Pathways to design and build a community garden within one of their residences in the Bronx.
Each year, OACny creates impact with our local communities by partnering with New York City’s leading volunteer-based organizations and nonprofits for Day of Impact, a full day of volunteering.
Throughout the years, hundreds of our volunteers proudly wear our Day of Impact t-shirts while painting schools, planting bulbs, building solar panels, restoring a mosaic wall and more!
Enter our contest to see your design come to life on our volunteers at our Fourth Annual Day of Impact later this year!
Send your winning design to email@example.com by midnight, July 31, 2017!
- The design must be in black and white (grayscale).
- The design is for the front of the t-shirt only.
- Please send a hi-res image in a PDF file.
- The design must fit within the print area.
Open Architecture / New York is requesting volunteers to develop the design and construction of a 3-bin composting system and the design of a stormwater harvesting system for St. Marks Community Garden in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Open Architecture / New York is requesting applications for volunteers to help develop obstacle courses in partnership with Concrete Safaris.
Concrete Safaris is a partner organization with Open Architecture / New York that promotes social change by providing children with education and experiences to become leaders committed to their environment and health. Each year, Concrete Safaris holds the Jungle Gym Obstacle Race and Active Living Fair in East Harlem. This summer, there will be three fairs that take place on the following dates:
OACny is seeking volunteers to work with our Project Coordinator, Concrete Safaris’ Coordinator and his students to bring the students’ obstacle course ideas to life The team will help develop the flow of two obstacle courses and the construction of about 10 obstacles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Project Coordinator on project development and production
- Work closely with students to come up with structural and material ideas to build obstacles (Note: the in-person meeting with students will be during afterschool hours, so it is optional for volunteers)
- Assist students in creating a physical model to study circulation and scale
- Work with team to prototype obstacles
- Develop a construction manual for volunteers to easily and efficiently construct obstacles for current and future events
- Propose project ideas for art and craft table at the fair
- Create a cost estimate and a material schedule for the purchase of materials
- Commit a minimum of ten(10) hours per month
Please send your resume to Kathy Mu at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 3 to apply!
Open Architecture / New York is requesting applications for a Project Coordinator to develop a composting system for St. Marks Community Garden in Prospect Heights Brooklyn.
Open Architecture/New York is requesting applications for a Project Coordinator to develop an obstacle course in partnership with Concrete Safaris.
Concrete Safaris is a partner organization with Open Architecture/New York that promotes social change by providing children with education and experiences to become leaders committed to their environment and health. Each year, Concrete Safaris holds the Jungle Gym Obstacle Race and Active Living Fair in East Harlem. This year, the event will be on June 24, 2017.
OACNY is seeking a Project Coordinator to work closely with Concrete Safaris’ Coordinator and students to bring the students’ obstacle course ideas to life. The Project Coordinator will also lead a team of volunteers to help develop the flow of the obstacle course and the construction of about 10 obstacles This is a volunteer position.
Responsibilities will include:
· Work with the Director of Projects on providing project specific goals and updates
· Manage the relationship between Concrete Safaris and OACNY
· Work closely with students to come up with structural and material ideas to build obstacles
· Work with team to prototype obstacles
· Develop a construction manual for volunteers to easily and efficiently construct obstacles on the day of the event
· Manage a team of volunteers to develop obstacles
· Create a cost estimate and a material schedule for the purchase of materials
· Commit a minimum of five (5) hours per week
· Ensure that the project meets the mission and standards of OACNY throughout the duration of the project
Please send your resume to Kathy Mu at email@example.com by January 15th to apply!
Coordinator positions are open to everyone, but note that coordinators are volunteers and unpaid. Coordinators work along side the Board of Director positions to achieve missions and goals of their positions.
Open Architecture/New York is requesting applications for a Director of Outreach, an integral part of our Board of Directors.
Director of Outreach Responsibilities Include:
· Developing long term financial plans in consideration of the organization’s strategic plan, current projects & programs, and potential opportunities.
· Seeking grants, fundraising, and other financial opportunities that align with Open Architecture New York's mission and which will benefit the organization and its projects.
· Creating funding plans for Open Architecture / New York operations and assisting project teams with project funding.
· Fostering external relationships to cultivate collaborations that work to toward achievement of Open Architecture New York’s mission.
· All board members work cohesively to achieve our goals as a non-profit organization, collaboration is key to success in all Board of Director roles.
To apply, send your resume Christina Esser at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(Please note all positions with Open Architecture / New York are volunteer and unpaid. Experience volunteering with OACny is preferred.)
Open Architecture/New York is calling for volunteers with carpentry skills for a Build Day for Concrete Safaris on Saturday, October 15, from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Open Architecture / New York is requesting applications for the position of Project Coordinator for the design of Shower Facilities for the Chronically Homeless project.
Seeking a Graphics Coordinator to assist the Director of Communications in the day to day tasks of developing both internal and external communications programs.
Seeking a Marketing & PR Coordinator to assist the Director of Communications in the day to day tasks of developing both internal and external communications programs.