Open Architecture/New York is requesting applications for a Project Coordinator to develop an obstacle course in partnership with Concrete Safaris.
Concrete Safaris is a partner organization with Open Architecture/New York that promotes social change by providing children with education and experiences to become leaders committed to their environment and health. Each year, Concrete Safaris holds the Jungle Gym Obstacle Race and Active Living Fair in East Harlem. This year, the event will be on June 24, 2017.
OACNY is seeking a Project Coordinator to work closely with Concrete Safaris’ Coordinator and students to bring the students’ obstacle course ideas to life. The Project Coordinator will also lead a team of volunteers to help develop the flow of the obstacle course and the construction of about 10 obstacles This is a volunteer position.
Responsibilities will include:
· Work with the Director of Projects on providing project specific goals and updates
· Manage the relationship between Concrete Safaris and OACNY
· Work closely with students to come up with structural and material ideas to build obstacles
· Work with team to prototype obstacles
· Develop a construction manual for volunteers to easily and efficiently construct obstacles on the day of the event
· Manage a team of volunteers to develop obstacles
· Create a cost estimate and a material schedule for the purchase of materials
· Commit a minimum of five (5) hours per week
· Ensure that the project meets the mission and standards of OACNY throughout the duration of the project
Please send your resume to Kathy Mu at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th to apply!
Coordinator positions are open to everyone, but note that coordinators are volunteers and unpaid. Coordinators work along side the Board of Director positions to achieve missions and goals of their positions.