OACny is seeking two (2) volunteers to assist with the design development and construction of a multi-purpose outdoor space for Bard High School Early College (BHSEC). As the site is in need of an aesthetic redesign, the school is looking to improve the yard as a more welcoming and usable space for their students.
Volunteers should have a strong interest in design for public use and constructability. This is an exciting opportunity to help create a transformative design-build project. The volunteers will be working under the guidance of the project coordinator.
Phase I – Schematic Design and Cost Estimation
• Participate in design discussions and ideation.
• Survey existing facility and produce working plan drawings.
• Produce design layouts to determine feasibility.
• Exploration of prototypical furniture objects for non-prescriptive use.
• Develop formal, tectonic, and material concepts for construction, with consciousness of cost and efficiency.
Phase II – Construction Drawings and Realisation
• Implementation of design research.
• Produce schematic construction drawings.
• Layout of interior and material application.
Preferable experience include:
• Experience in schematic design and construction documents.
• Experience in design-build.
• Interest in the design of public space.
• Strong organizational skills and work well in a team.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino 3D.
Please send resume to Gloria Lau at email@example.com by April 5, 2019.