Open Architecture / New York is seeking a Director of Membership to join our Board of Directors. The Director of Membership manages volunteer resources to assist in project delivery for the organization. This includes directly managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers.
- Managing and executing events and activities that appeal to membership base (members not necessarily involved in projects). This includes introducing new and innovative ways to make our events (i.e. Day of Impact and panel discussions) productive and engaging following the guidelines of the mission statement.
- Managing member records. Coordinate with the Director of Projects on creating accessible information about each member.
- Speak knowledgeably about the organization to interested volunteers and members.
- Comprehensive public speaking in group forums, meetings, and events.
- Assist in facilitating project staffing with the Directors of Projects.
- A self-starter
- A strong communicator, verbally and in written form
- Working and living in the greater NYC area
- Able to commit an average of 5 hours per week to the organization, sometimes more, sometimes less (volunteer hours)
- Have previous experience with Open Architecture / New York or another community-based nonprofit (a plus, not mandatory)
- Passionate about socially conscious work and creating change in your community
Please send resumes and a brief cover letter (within the email) to Christina Esser at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 19th, 2018 to apply.