OACny is seeking a volunteer Project Coordinator work closely with our partner organization City Harvest to explore the development of community gardens as a means of providing access to affordable and healthy food in the Washington Heights and Inwood neighborhoods. City Harvest's mission is to end hunger in underserved communities throughout New York City.
The position will entail data collection and documentation of current established gardens as well as their characteristics at institutions within Washington Heights and Inwood in order to identify strategies for starting new community gardens or reactivating lapsed gardens. The position will also entail community engagement with stakeholders throughout the project life cycle. The information will culminate into a report and presentation that will be shared with potential community partners. The Project Coordinator will help in developing graphics that will be incorporated into the report and presentation.
- Research into the history and current urban agricultural practices in Washington Heights and Inwood
- Represent OACny at meetings with City Harvest
- Ensure that the project meet the standards of OACny throughout the duration of project
- Establish an understanding of the overall goals of the project in order to create tasks to be distributed to volunteer team
- Strong graphical representational skills
- Knowledge and background in urban planning, landscape architecture
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in research and data collection
Please send your resume and a few representative graphics to our Director of Projects, Kathy Mu, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15 to apply.
Please note that this is a volunteer position.