OACny is assisting East Harlem Block Nursery (EHBN) in finding a new site to expand their childcare services. East Harlem Block Nursery is a grassroots education based not-for-profit providing early childhood education to pre-school age children within the East and Central Harlem communities. As EHBN is expanding, their current site of operation has become too small to accommodate their needs.
OACNY is seeking a Volunteer Project Coordinator to work closely with EHBN on a programming study to understand their spatial needs, organizing this information so that EHBN can utilize it to find the appropriate new site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with OACNY
- Meeting with EHBN to understand their needs
- Create a deliverable that summarizes all relevant information (which may include room adjacencies/organizations, area tallies, pertinent code research etc)
- Manage a small team of volunteers to assist with the deliverable
- Knowledge of building code
- Knowledge of educational facility design
- Architecture license is a plus
- Strong communication organizational skills
Please send your resume to Kathy Mu, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15 to apply.
Please note that this is a volunteer position.