Open Architecture / New York is requesting applications for the position of Project Coordinator for the design of Shower Facilities for the Chronically Homeless project.
The objective is to produce a well-developed conceptual design of shower facilities for the chronically homeless. These facilities should be made accessible or centralized to a large population of disenfranchised individuals and/or making it flexible enough to reach out to those who may be dispersed throughout the city. Our goal is to restore a sense of dignity to individuals who are unsheltered by providing services that would improve personal hygiene, promote self-sufficiency and ultimately empower them to seek employment and/or public assistance.
This design will be used to foster potential collaboration with city and state officials, corporate sponsorships and/or other non-profit organizations in order to execute a prototype for this concept.
The Project Coordinator for the Showers for the Homeless project is a volunteer position whose responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Director of Projects on providing project specific goals and updates
- Managing project volunteers, properly recording work hours, and creating actionable tasks for them to complete
- Ensuring that the project meets the mission and standards of OACny throughout the duration of project
- Commits a minimum of five (5) hours per week
- Site Survey and Analysis
- Aid in creating schematic drawings, design presentations and community reviews
- Work with the Director of Outreach on researching partnerships and working with government agencies
- Meeting with the client and business community
- To apply for the position of Project Coordinator you must have previously volunteered on another project or coordination team with OACny or a similar organization.
Please send a resume to Kathy Mu at ProjectManagement@oacny.org