OACny is seeking a volunteer Project Coordinator to lead a design team and to work closely with our partner organization Urban Pathways. Urban Pathways is a not-for-profit organization that provides services and housing support to homeless New Yorkers. We will be collaborating with Urban Pathways to design and build a community garden within one of their residences in the Bronx.
The position will entail managing a group of volunteers, holding workshops with the residents and working closely with the OACny board to define overall goals of creating social connections between the residence and the community.
- Manage a team of volunteers
- Present design ideas to the client
- Represent OACny at meetings with Urban Pathways
- Ensure that the project meet the standards of OACny throughout the duration of project
- Lead and/or participate in charrettes and workshops with volunteers, designers, and residents
- Community engagement
- Knowledge of building in NYC
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture and/or Urban Planning
Please send your resume and a short introduction to Kathy Mu at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Please note that this is a volunteer position.