OACNY is looking for five (5) volunteers with design and construction drawing experience to work on a project in collaboration with Concrete Safaris. Concrete Safaris is our partner organization that promotes commitment to health and environment for children living in East Harlem.
The project intends to re-design a community garden at Washington Houses managed by Concrete Safaris. We will be creating an interactive learning space that will, through its design, reinforce some classroom concepts, provide cognitive stimulation, develop or strengthen physical skills and most importantly, have fun! The design includes creating space for various learning gardens, a reading nook, and structures such as seating, a treehouse, and water feature. The space will offer an environment to imagine in, dream and be creative in, play and have fun in. We are seeking volunteers with knowledge in site design and construction technique to help design and produce drawings meant for installation, under the guidance of the project coordinator.
Project tasks include:
- Concept and presentation graphics
- Material research
- Construction drawings of garden elements
- Coordination with landscape architects on the team regarding planting and garden design
Preferable experience include:
- Experience in schematic design and construction documents
- Experience in site design and outdoor elements
- Interest in education and environment
- Strong organizational skills and work well in a team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling programs (Sketchup, Rhino or Revit)
Please send resumes to Gloria Lau at email@example.com by September 28, 2018 to apply.