Open Architecture / New York is requesting volunteers to develop the design and construction of a 3-bin composting system and the design of a stormwater harvesting system for St. Marks Community Garden in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
The following volunteer positions are needed:
Production (Four volunteers):
- Precedent and material research for composting bins.
- Concept and presentation graphics.
- Research into stormwater harvesting systems.
- Construction drawings of the composting bins.
- Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling programs (Sketchup or Rhino).
- Desired experience: carpentry.
Logistics (One volunteer):
- Material cost research and logistics planning for building the composting bins.
Typical time commitment for volunteers is five (5) hours per week.
Please send your resume to Kathy Mu at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5 to apply!